Patient Services Coordinat II - Sat at MRI, 10hrs
In a clinical setting, performs a variety of patient service and administrative duties and office work. Typically requires experience. May coordinate tests, referrals and appointments. May assist with training and guidance of staff.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
* Performs patient service and administrative duties and office work.
* Coordinates diagnostic tests referrals and tracks appointments visits and authorization
* Verifies Insurance
* Prepares Billing
* Collects data and generates quality assurance reports
* May provides cross coverage to other practices and/or positions, as appropriate
* Provides basic information to patients
* Triages Phone calls
* Orders Medical Records
* Registers and re-registers Patients
* Schedules Patient appointments using an automated or manual system
* Ensures patient forms are completed accurately
* Verifies Patient Demographics/EDI Insurance Verification
* Collects Co-Pays
* Assists with training/orienting of new staff
* Order Entry
* May include duties and responsibilities of the Office Assistant and the Patient Services Coordinator I
* Performs and participates in special projects as directed
* May assist with training and guidance of staff.
* Acts as a liaison with other hospital departments and PHS affiliates
* Provides functional guidance to Levels I & II EEs
* Participates in department or hospital wide committees.
* Word Processing Skills. Knowledge of Spreadsheets and database systems. Accurate typing. Understands HMO, managed Care and various coverage options. Strong Communication Skills, both oral and written. Ability to Prioritize work.
* Minimum of 3 years related experience, preferably in a clinical setting or Patient Services Coordinator I could move into this level within 1-3 years based on demonstrated proficiency
* HS Diploma required
* Completion of a certificate and Associate degree preferred in Business related or Medical assisting program or Equivalent.