Patient Services Representative - Einstein Physicians Montgomery - Broad Axe Family Medicine
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN PHYSICIANS MONTGOMERY IS OUR PRIMARY CARE NETWORK PROVIDING CARE TO INDIVIDUALS OF ALL AGES, FROM INFANTS TO SENIOR CITIZENS. OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS INCLUDES FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTORS, INTERNISTS, OBSTETRICIANS, GYNECOLOGISTS AND PEDIATRICIANS. OUR PRACTICE SITES ARE LOCATED THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST, NORTH AND NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA, NORRITON, EASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND LOWER BUCKS COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Enhancing patients/customers experience by providing clerical/technical support, in a manner consistent with the Code of Conduct
* Primarily working at the front desk of an outpatient medical office, the PSR verifies insurance, referral, and patient demographic information, collects co pays, schedules appointments, and is responsible for preparation of daily deposits and insurance billing
* Excellent prioritization, decision making, multitasking skills are essential in this key position
* Regularly uses independent judgment and problem solving skills to maintain smooth operations of multiple front desk functions
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years related work experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment is required
* Experience delivering exceptional customer service is a must
* Qualified candidates must possess knowledge/familiarity with general office functions and procedures including ICD-9 codes, CPT coding, medical terminology and HIPAA regulations
* Experience using computer in an office setting and the ability to verbally communicate information to staff and patients in a professional customer focused manner required
* General typing proficiency preferred, filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills are required
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association Preferred
* Must be able to sit, stand, and walk within department and through practice as needed. Light lifting (up to 10 lbs) for files, papers and other routine office materials is necessary
* Visual Requirements: Must be able to read printed documents and computer screen visuals
* Hearing Requirements: Must be able to conduct telephone and personal conversations
* Working Conditions: Fast paced medical practice
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.