Patient Support Assistant 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Patient Support Assistant
Patient Support Services
40 ; 100%
Hospity Svcs MZ
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Hospitality Services Department provides housekeeping services, floor care, carpet care, specialized cleaning projects, recycling, solid waste removal, and biohazardous waste removal at three locations: Parnassus Heights, Mount Zion, and Mission Bay- Owens street. The department also provides consultative services to satellite UCSF clinics located throughout the Bay area. The main office of the department is located at 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Cleans occupied patient rooms, and rooms between patients (discharges) following department procedures
* Cleans other assigned areas within the Patient Care Units
* Performs Patient Transports following department procedures
* Uses a computer to access APEX Hyperspace to accept and close-out discharge bed assignments and patient transport assignments
* Disposes of waste (trash, biohazardous waste, recycling) and soiled linen following departmental procedures
* Uses approved cleaning chemicals to maintain the cleanliness of assigned areas
* Uses proper body mechanics and body alignment when moving furniture and equipment when perform your duties
* Complete the training for Medications and Auxiliary Staff Competency
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Previous hospital, skilled nursing facility, or hotel cleaning experience
* Is able to organize and prioritize work.
* Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
* Must read, speak, and understand English.
* Basic arithmetic skills
* Computer (PC) experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page