Patient Support Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Patient Support Assistant
Patient Support Services
8 ; 20%
Hospity Svcs MB
This classification is represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
* Following Infection Control Policies, the employee maintains a clean, sanitary, safe, and esthetically pleasing environment for patients, staff, and visitors
* Cleans occupied patient rooms, and rooms between patients (discharges) following department procedures
* Cleans other assigned areas within the Patient Care Units
* Performs Patient Transports following department procedures
* Uses a computer to access APEX Hyperspace to accept and close-out discharge bed assignments and patient transport assignments
* Disposes of waste (trash, biohazardous waste, recycling) and soiled linen following departmental procedures
* Uses approved cleaning chemicals to maintain the cleanliness of assigned areas
* Uses proper body mechanics and body alignment when moving furniture and equipment when perform your duties
* Complete the training for Medications and Auxiliary Staff Competency
* Performs other related duties as instructed by immediate supervisor
* Reports missing furniture, repairs needed; report fire or safety hazards
* Responds to emergencies following established procedures
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Excellent customer service skills
* Previous hospital, skilled nursing facility. or hotel cleaning experience
* Must possess good verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to read, speak and understand English
* Basic arithmetic skills
* Computer (PC) experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page