Payload Integration & Definition, Sr. Systems Engineer - 1755 8/24/2016
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Payload Integration & Definition, Sr. Systems Engineer Position:
Candidates are required to be self-motivated, effective team players familiar with working in a dynamic work environment who are willing to assume a Systems Integration leadership role for a JPL Payload systems design and definition effort.
The programmatic planning, monitoring, and control of efforts associated with payload mission integration including:
* The definition and documentation of payload design and interface requirements, payload accommodations and payload services.
* An understanding of launch vehicle systems definition, functional requirement development, and design integration is required.
* Experience developing, negotiating, and defining the requirements necessary for the integration of payloads into spacecraft/launch vehicles is required.
* The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating and coordinating top level integration agreements with payload developers and/or principal investigators.
* Direct experience with the physical integration of payloads for unmanned launch vehicles, the Shuttle, or the International Space Station (ISS) as well as the technical documentation associated with payload integration and mission management is highly desired.
* Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation skills, and presentation skills are required.
* Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) are required
* An understanding of the JPL/contractor environment, JPL systems engineering processes, and familiarity with the Sentinel 6 Program is desired.
Desired Job Experience:
Experience leading design and analysis efforts, and verification and testing of Payload systems.
Required Skill & Typical Duties:
* Develop payload interface definition, requirement development, and verification planning for proposed JPL payload.
* Perform thorough technical assessments of all proposed internal and external payload interface requirements to:
* Understand the resulting impacts that would occur due to modifications and/or proposed changes to the requirements,
* Ensure the payload developer s design implementation of interface requirements is appropriate, and
* Guarantee the requisite physical, functional, and environmental interfaces between the payload and the RSA are appropriately defined.
* Generate and coordinate interface requirements and design documentation to ensure the necessary and complete integration of the payloads with the other Payload Elements.
* Identify accommodation options within the solution space and lead or support functional architecting and/or functional analyses.
* Assist with the functional decomposition of interface requirements into verification requirements as well as the identification of potential requirement gaps.
* Manage analyses, trade studies, and decision packages developed for the JPL Sentinel 6 AMR-C Program and provide feedback and technical recommendations (written and/or verbal) to the CogE.
* Identify and communicate risks associated with payload integration requirements (i.e. mechanical, structural, electrical, functional requirements, etc.) via the JPL/NASA Risk Management System.
* Management of the AMR-C payload functional design throughout requirements and design analysis cycles as well as through the development, maturation and control of vehicle requirements and/or specifications.
* Develop and negotiate integration agreements between JPL and Millennium s Payload Developers to ensure that interface design data is adequately defined, that payload integration processes are sufficiently defined, and that the proper level of insight for technical programmatic processes is allowed.
* Document and control of the integrated architecture through appropriate controlling documents and/or deliverable s which may include interface requirement/control documents, payload phase documentation, functional schematics, trade study reports, and other technical briefing/decision packages.
* Creation of payload integration template that defines the processing and operations associated with the payload integration.
* Execution of critical mission event studies, process improvement studies, affordability improvement activities, or other studies focused on improving overall element design, systems integration, systems operation or life cycle cost.
Requires BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or Physics.
Requires 15 years of experience in spacecraft system engineering and payload design and integration. Degree in engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, or equivalent fields of study from an accredited university is required as well as experience supporting payload integration and/or the development of payload integration requirements supporting the Space Shuttle, ISS, or unmanned launch vehicles. The successful candidate must have Payload Integration Management experience including.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.