Payroll Accounting Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Key responsibilities include posting payroll feeds to the general ledger, provide supporting payroll expense detail for business finance partners to reconcile cost center/department reports. Responsible for following documented Payroll Best Practices in accordance with Sox compliance and NAPC standards. Maintains confidentiality of business information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Payroll Feeds-Run the automated process to post the feeds to the ledger and to provide detail for all allocated expenses Balance feeds to BAAN.
* Maintain excel spreadsheets to record EFT tax payments and vendor payments that are made on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
* Positive Pay-On a daily basis, log into the web site and check for suspect payroll items. Also, maintain excel spreadsheet for outstanding checks, reissued payroll checks, and due diligence letters.
* Prepare journal entries for account analysis, wage and tax reclassifications, EFT tax payments, payroll fallout, net pay for inter-companies, and other miscellaneous items.
* Provide expense detail support as requested for the districts to reconcile their wage distribution.
* Maintain and submit employee deductions for unions to outside vendors.
* Process transactions for restricted stock/stock options.
* Prepare monthly queries to aid Boca GL Group with account reconciliations.
* Responsible for Payroll Escheat process.
#external Education: High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
Experience: 1 Years Previous Payroll Accounting Experience, Experience with Large Volume Payroll Processing preferred.
Skills: Knowledge of General Ledger related payroll functions including PeopleSoft, Ability to maintain confidentiality, Ability to prioritze workload, Ability to work in deadline driven environment, MS Excel proficiency, Ability to perform or be trained to perform the proceeding tasks in a satisfactory manner is implied within each specific task statement, Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.