Payroll Administrator 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Forest Electric Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is the largest electrical contracting company in New York City & New Jersey area and one of the largest in the U.S. For over 50 years, Forest Electric has provided complete, expert electrical services throughout the New York and Metropolitan area.
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Summary: Performs all activities necessary to process in-house payrolls accurately and timely, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures for weekly union and non-union payrolls for approximately 500 employees in multiple states. Work involves confidentiality, extremely attentive to detail and working under general supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Payroll processing for NY & NJ exempt and non-exempt employees on a weekly schedule.
* Process payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
* Audit and correct time entry.
* Review and reconcile all payroll information in order to detect and reconcile any discrepancies.
* Print and distribute weekly paychecks/direct deposit statements.
* Process furloughs, terminations and/or manual checks as directed.
* Process initiations or changes to employee personal information, claimed Federal and/or State exemptions, insurance coverage elections, 401k contributions.
* Process garnishments, determine legal withholdings, initiate withholdings, remittance to various creditors, CS agencies etc., maintain detailed record keeping.
* Generate weekly payroll/labor reports and certified payroll reports.
* Prepare and process weekly tax files for Payroll tax transmission, including quarterly tax files, year-end tax files.
* Prepare and transmit monthly multi-union reporting and payments timely and accurately.
* Handle unemployment insurance reporting and requests, and employment verifications.
* Maintain all paperwork, correspondence, and union rate sheets.
* Produce and distribute yearly W-2 statements and ACA forms.
* Answer calls pertaining to payroll inquiries.
* Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
* 5+ years experience processing multi-state payrolls.
* BS or BA degree in Accounting or similar field a plus. Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Excel. Solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Ability to excel in a fast paced multi-task environment.
* Must demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple projects and under tight deadlines.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Must demonstrate commitment to Company values.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled