This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Calculates, prepares and distributes payroll checks in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures that payroll related changes are processed according to established Company policies and procedures. Researches and resolves employee inquires. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
* Maintains employee payroll database. Responsible for integrity of pay rate, direct deposit, social security number, tax withholding and other payroll related information. Reviews data entry input after each payroll process.
* Distributes, receives, proofs and verifies timecards in accordance with Company policy. Computes overtime, vacation, sick, jury duty and hours worked on a weekly basis. Codes and enters the computations and labor distribution into the timecard entry system. Balances the timecard batch input to the payroll transactions used in the calculation process.
* Performs operational jobs as outlined on the payroll transmittal and ensure the accuracy of each job through the calculation stage of the payroll process.
* Determines when a manual payroll check is required. Calculates, obtains signatures and distributes manual checks for special payments, terminations, and corrections.
* Reviews and interprets garnishment notices, calculates deduction amounts, prepares remittance checks and required documentation. Maintains contact with employee, creditor or law enforcement agency on status of garnishment.
* Coordinates supplemental vacation and sick payments with Risk Management and disability carriers.
* Informs employees of payroll processing errors if they occur and answer employee inquiries.
* Reviews vacation and sick balances on an annual basis. Makes corrections based on audit results and notifies employee in writing of required changes in their balances.
* Completes verification of employment forms, unemployment benefit audits, and other similar forms as required.
* Reconciles employee receivable accounts.
High school graduation, or equivalent, with two to three years experience in multi-state payroll processing. Experience with personal computer word processing, database and spreadsheet software. Accurate 10-key and typing skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Able to prioritize and complete tasks and work under deadlines.