Payroll Administrator/Senior GL Accountant - 1784
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMillennium is seeking a talented, service-oriented individual to join their Finance team. The chosen individual will work closely with the Accounts Payable/Cash Receipts Senior Accountant, Controller and CFO. This is an integral position that will be responsible for administering payroll processing for multiple states for transmittal to the payroll service as well as financial reporting and month end close.
* Process payroll on a semi-monthly basis for transmittal to payroll service
* Prepare the semi-monthly time sheet allocation and corresponding journal entry
* Follow-up with staff on outstanding time sheets
* Review time sheets for errors and make any necessary corrections
* Setup and train new employees on the time sheet system
* Respond to any staff questions regarding time sheets or pay stubs
* Reconcile the Quarterly Form 941 to the General Ledger
* Perform bank account transfers as directed by CFO and Controller
* Process bank deposits
* Review cash receipts journal entry prepared by the A/P Senior Accountant
* Review bank account reconciliation
Month End Close / Financial Reports:
* Perform all monthly AJE s and RJE s
* Perform the operating cash account reconciliation and related journal entries
* Perform various detailed month-end allocations for fringe benefits, shared costs & indirect cost
* Review all month end reconciliations and journal entries prepared by the A/P Senior Accountant
* Perform various account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies
* Other duties / special projects as assigned
* Three plus years relevant Accounting experience
* Proficiency working with Deltek CostPoint and Time & Expense
* ADP payroll processing experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
No clearance required
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 1784