This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ENGIE North Amerca Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition. We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy.
Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
As a Payroll Advisor you'll manage the payroll function for ENGIE North America Inc., while ensuring accurate and timely completion of full cycle, multi state, U.S. and Canadian payroll processes for the company. You will also have the ability to refine processes and drive continuous improvement. Additionally, you'll provide requests for payroll information to auditors, management and other groups.
Essential Job Functions
* Oversee the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of payroll, payroll taxes, and employee benefit deductions.
* Serve as the timekeeping system administrator.
* Review employee changes that are entered into the payroll system (salary, benefits, withholdings, etc.).
* Research and respond to escalated and more complex inquiries from employees and internal stakeholders on payroll and timekeeping issues.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with the payroll vendor, timekeeping vendor, and tax filing service vendor.
* Maintain working knowledge of expat and inpat rules and regulations, including gross-ups, hypo taxes, and working with tax firms to provide information for expatriate tax returns.
* Document and maintain appropriately-controlled policies and procedures for the department.
* Provide supporting materials and data for HR and Finance audits.
* Issue W2 and W2c forms as required.
* Reconcile tax payments and tax filings to ensure accuracy.
* Troubleshoot all payroll and tax issues with employees and state/federal agencies.
* Stay abreast of state/federal laws that impact payroll. Responsible for implementing changes as necessary.
* Carry out other duties as assigned.
Sounds like something you\'re interested in? YOUR QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) a plus.
* Payroll/ADP expertise.
* High degree of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* High level of attention to detail.
* Ability to multitask, think strategically and work independently with a high degree of confidentiality.
* Expert knowledge of Federal and State Garnishment regulations and processing.
* Knowledge of multi-state tax withholding reciprocity agreements and how to process.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Bachelors degree preferred, High school diploma or equivalent.
* 10 or more years of Payroll processing experience including full-cycle, multistate, U.S. and Canadian payroll.
* Three plus years experience in a supervisory role.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
This job posting is supported by the ENGIE Recruiting Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the Recruiting team and not to direct ENGIE Managers.