Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, the World's largest roofing manufacturer.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you. At GAF, putting a roof over your head is the foundation of our business. As we continue to pursue the excellence that has led us to the top, one thing is constant- it's all the best in the industry, and it's made by the best people in the industry.
We are looking for a Payroll Associate who will be responsible for maintaining the payroll system and processing all payroll transactions. Maintain attendance and time card records for hourly employees. The incumbent follows company payroll policies and procedures to complete payroll practices.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with any special requests by the Payroll Supervisor/Manager.
* Reconcile all payrolls prior to transmission.
* Daily oral & written communication with employees and HR & Plant Managers
* Review & audit daily reports from Workday
* Process weekly & semi-monthly payrolls including Bonus, severance & disability payments
* Prepare and reconcile monthly Union Payments
* Process Garnishments: child support, tax levy, etc.
* Process manual checks, stop payments and reversals of direct deposits
* Time management and attention to detail a must
* Advanced knowledge of ADP Enterprise & E-Time
* Advanced analytical, auditing & mathematical skills
* The ability to write Payroll Reports in ADP Reporter a plus
* Knowledge of Federal, State and Local Tax laws
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
* Intermediate time management skills
* Familiar with standard Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
* Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task
* High School Diploma
* 3-5 years payroll experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship
No search firms please.