This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
MATRIX EXECUTIVE SEARCH LLC
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
A long term established hospitality related organization is seeking an experienced Payroll Coordinator to join its payroll team. The position reports directly to the Director of Payroll.
* Extensive research and interaction with 3rd party clients to resolve needed entries and/or approvals for Time and Labor Management System. During peak demands the number of transactions in a pay period can reach 12 thousand entries. Experience with multiple pay work-rules for union contacts is a plus.
* Process payrolls and benefits for various departments using the E-Time, Payforce Oracle, and manual labor reporting method.
* Prepare and process labor/payroll related reports and records to outside organizations such as NYS Unemployment, labor unions, etc.
* Provide support, assistance and guidance to other payroll coordinators and assume managerial role in the absence of Assistant Manager.
* Process updates to employee master payroll file such as tax exemptions, bank account information and deductions for accurate payroll processing in a timely manner, assume responsibility for Wage Garnishment Enforcement.
* Maintain statistical reports for management's use in financial decision.
* Maintain highly effective electronic imaging for data retention to comply with internal procedures and NYS / Federal law.
Perform other tasks and special projects as directed to assist in development of departmental goals.
* High school diploma, or equivalency, college preferred.
* A minimum of three years' experience in processing payroll related and financial transactions.
* E-time and Payforce/Oracle would be a plus but ADP experience or other Payroll software is ok.
* Customer Service oriented and strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines within a fast-paced environment.
* Must be punctual, ability to work flexible hours, to include holidays, dictated by the needs of the business.
* Attention to detail and perform assigned tasks accurately and completely.
* Ability to complete assigned tasks within established deadline.
* Ability to work with little supervision.