Payroll Manager 8/10/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Omni Los Angeles Hotel payroll processing and the general cashier services for the hotel. This includes the day-to-day operation, payroll processing, and system maintenance, responding to payroll inquiries and providing general cashier services.
* Responsible for the production of payroll for all Omni Los Angeles Hotel as directed.
* Researches and resolves payroll discrepancies.
* Responsible for the production of payroll reports.
* Maintain time-keeping system, Kronos and HR/Payroll, Ultipro.
* Address any payroll or general cashier inquiries with employees, managers and corporate office.
* Responsible for tip allocation/reporting procedures and preparation of Federal 8027.
* Monitor wage garnishments according to local, state and federal regulations.
* Stays current on new federal and state payroll laws and provides training on changes.
* Responsible for the verification and adjustments of quarterly and yearly tax reports.
* Verify stop payment requests and issuance of replacement checks.
* Ensure accuracy & distribution of W2's and W2c's.
* Responsible for wage and earning verification requests.
* Audit payroll for accuracy i.e., double payments, over payments, and keying errors.
* Collaborate with managers to ensure accurate tip allocations and time-keeping. Train Managers on the payroll process.
* Assist the Corporate Audit Team with any requested payroll related information and responsible for addressing any areas found to be out of order by the Corporate Audit Team.
* Controls House/Manager's Fund of this property including all banks issued out of this fund for house/associate banks.
* Retrieves remittance envelopes of Front Office and Food and Beverage cashiers from deposit vault and verifies totals.
* Performs bank audit at random on a regular basis.
* Processes all property petty cash for reimbursement into negotiable funds.
* Processes all Food and Beverage and Front Office due backs.
* Performs regular change order for all shifts and maintains proper change denominations in manager's fund.
* Prior payroll experience is required. California payroll processing is a plus.
* General Cashier experience is preferred.
* Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook.
* Experience with Payroll applications such as Ultipro, Oracle, Kronos is highly preferred.
* Position requires sitting for long periods of time.
* Highly organized.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: