This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMy client is a growing public accounting firm that is looking to hire a full time Payroll Specialist who has a minimum of 8years experience in Payroll and handing multi-state returns.
* Manage and guarantee the timely preparation of multi-state payroll returns including New York, CA, Maine, Florida and Colorado, etc.
* Set up new payroll for clients, including the timely completion of EIN application, NYS-100 (or other state's equivalent), EFTPS, and othertax payment systemsEnsure the timely processing of weekly, bi-weekly and monthly tax deposits, utilizing EFTPS, Online Services, etc.
* Prepare payrolltax returns on a quarterly basis
* Must be able to spot errors on payrolltax returns, resolve discrepancies, and amend returns on behalf of clients
* Critically review and analyze payrolltax returns in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations
* Effectively answer payrolltax questions from clients, including international payroll
* Extensive research experience utilizing CCH, BNA and government law and tax portals
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation
* Maintains client confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
* Manage payrolltax controls including monthly, quarterly and year end reporting
* Secure worker's compensation and disabilities policies as required
* Oversee the day -to-day payrollresponsibilities and tasks with minimal direction; ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, growth environment1099 preparation at the end of the year.
* For calendar year2015 there were 1,000 due by January 31.