This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Overall responsibility for USA payroll processing. Manage assigned staff and work with outside provider (Ceridian) to ensure accurate and timely processing of pay runs and compliance with all payroll related rules and regulations.
* Responsible for payroll records, processing paychecks and payroll procedures and documentation.
* Maintains and updates payroll system and prepares transactions to correct items such as payroll out-of-balance conditions and incorrect hourly pay rates.
* Works with payroll provider to monitor changes in state, federal and local tax codes ensuring compliance with all government reporting.
* Ensure timely and accurate postings to the general ledger.
* Analyzes interface systems to determine potential problems caused by payroll system changes.
* Acts as liaison between Corporate Systems, HR and Payroll in coordinating and testing payroll system updates, enhancements and changes.
* Creates and maintains written procedures for all Payroll Department functions.
* Provides information and reports to management, internal audit and external auditors as requested.
* Manages the performance of staff by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* University Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline plus generally five years of directly related experience including managerial experience; CPP certification a plus.
* Experience working with Ceridian DayForce a plus.
* Detailed knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
* Detailed knowledge of governmental wage regulations.
* Working to detailed knowledge of Payroll/HRIS software systems including report writing.
* Basic knowledge of benefits practices and procedures.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work autonomously.