This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe PAYROLL MANAGER is responsible for timely and accurate payroll(s) and management of the payroll department and its personnel in delivering superior customer service to all employees, managers and external stakeholders. The PR manager must utilize a professional demeanor in a high volume and deadline driven work environment. RHD's payroll functions are completed "in house" and accordingly, the PR Manager must multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to change in accordance with deadlines and evolving priorities while initiating continuous improvement efforts to maximize the department's delivery of service. Most of all, using superior people skills, the PR Manager must develop and lead a group of paraprofessionals to effectively and efficiently complete tasks in accordance with department goals and objectives.
* Ultimately responsible for (and may directly process) payroll runs in an accurate and timely manner according to internal processes; processes extraordinary payments such as bonus uploads and off-cycle manual checks accurately and timely; processes replacement checks; prepares and reviews reports to ensure that payroll, taxes and other deductions are accurate
* Critically review and analyze payroll processes in order to implement changes leading to best-practice operations
* Understand time reporting rules and payroll requirements of multiple states; monitors the payroll system for proper functioning; troubleshoots and resolves issues
* Understand the structure of the organization and maintains a network across departments; draws on network to answer questions, solve problems independently, and successfully execute responsibilities
* Lead staff by utilizing effective communication and clear expectations while showing genuine concern for every employee
* Supervise 10-12 staff members processing payroll for 5000+ employees working in multiple states
* Promote a workplace environment focused on world-class customer service
* Handle escalated payroll issues with employees in a professional and courteous manner
* Analyze employee and payment questions and issues and communicate results clearly and concretely
* Manage various audit(or) requests
* Manage payroll related (in-house) responsibilities including (but not limited to) garnishments, union payments, company payroll policies/procedures, new hire and personnel changes, reporting, end of year (W2) processing and reporting, etc.
* Maintain confidentiality of all matters
JOB REQUIREMENTS/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and/or experience
* 5-7 years high volume experience processing multi-state payroll
* 2-3 years managing payroll/operations team
* Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour rules
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel)
* Moderate to advanced skills with Lawson Software or capacity to learn Lawson quickly
* Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and at times, high pressure environment
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Availability for some weekend or evening work as needed