Payroll Processor II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Responsible for providing payroll processing services with the end result of delivering accurate and timely paychecks to employees, while adhering to company policy and processing deadlines. Responsible for performing all duties in accordance with documented Payroll Best Practices to ensure compliance with both SOx requirements and NAPC standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform clerical payroll duties involved in the preparation and processing of payrolls. This includes entering data into the time entry and payroll systems, verifying accuracy of figures and computations, balancing payroll totals, and maintaining detailed records.
* Responsible for set up and maintenance of employee level tables to include direct deposit, union benefits/deductions and dues, expatriate hypo tax, and other general deductions such as auto use and computer loans, etc. Responsible for processing and validation of special payments such as severance, stock options, commissions, FLSA overtime, etc. Responsible for running leave accruals. (Specialized Knowledge required for systemically importing data files.)
* Responsible for country specific set up and maintenance based on role. Such as: employee level table setups, to include direct deposit, union benefits/deductions and dues, provincial deductions such as QC training tax and AB and BC health care tax, auto use deductions and allowances, etc.
* Responsible for printing, sealing and distributing payroll checks and advice statements.
* Responsible for Automated Clearing House banking activities, (Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), rejects, recalls, stop payments, etc.)
* Responds to inquiries from employees and external customers. Resolves payroll issues and concerns.
* Offers guidance and assistance to less senior processors. Coordinates balancing files that are imported into multiple pay runs. Coordinates and schedules check printing activities.
* Assists with special projects and payroll initiatives.
#external Education: High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree Preferred
Experience: 2 Years Payroll Processing Experience, Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll Processing and with Large Volume Processing Preferred
Skills: Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures of Payroll processing, Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail, Ability to prioritize workload to meet processing deadlines, Strong organizational skills, Ability to work independently, Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office Software including Excel, Ability to maintain confidentiality, Ability to perform or be trained to perform the proceeding tasks in a satisfactory manner is implied within each specific task statement, Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.