This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The Payroll Specialist ensures accurate processing of the agency s payroll by participating in daily payroll processing and providing timely and accurate financial information. This role reports to the Payroll/HRIS Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role provides payroll services to all levels of employees within the organization.
* Perform daily payroll and HR systems operations
* Manage workflow to ensure all payroll and HR transactions are processed accurately and timely
* Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
* Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
* Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
* Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary
* Review Quarterly and Annual Tax reconciliations prior to year end to ensure data integrity when generating W2s
* Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
1-2 years in payroll with 2-3 years in HR preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Must be team oriented, have strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills, deadline driven, organized, and able to multi-task. Strong professional and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, dedicated and able to deal with a consistently changing environment. Microsoft Office a must.
4 year degree required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled and Vet.