This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for all payroll processing duties for multiple companies in the United States. May assist with payroll processing duties for Canada.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for processing payroll for multiple Companies that are paid on a weekly and biweekly basis.
* Performs regular payroll pay period audits on payroll processing and employee data to ensure payroll accuracy, integration accuracy, quality employee level data, and compliance with company policies, federal and state regulations.
* Performs specialized payroll calculations such as retroactive pay and tax gross up amounts (gross to net) in a multi-state environment.
* Processes employee file maintenance transactions such as general deductions, direct deposits, state tax elections, etc.
* Timely and accurate completion of all items on payroll processing checklist, including, but not limited to: deduction arrears tracking, severance payment administration, direct deposit rejection processing, new hire setup, termination processing, time batch audits, review and resolution of all audit/verification reports, etc.
* Troubleshooting of data, integration, or payroll errors and communication with appropriate parties for resolution.
* Maintenance of correct tax coding on employees records, in multi-state environment with multiple local jurisdictions.
* Processes and distributes reports such as post-payroll benefit accruals and labor distribution, month-end, year-end, and ad-hoc reports.
* Maintains a relationship with our payroll and garnishment vendors regarding routine matters.
* Calculates, enters and processes off-cycle manual checks, voids, and payroll and tax jurisdiction adjustments, using standardized forms and maintaining required logs.
* Provides timely resolution of payroll issues for employees by responding to payroll inquiries via email, phone, or the HR Ticketing system. Provides accurate, timely, and professional support to customers and vendors.
* Communicates with payroll processors, time administrators, supervisors, HR, etc. in order to instruct or resolve any issues that might prevent timely payroll processing or result in data integrity issues.
* Creates and modifies payroll process documentation, including payroll checklists.
* Actively participates in Payroll projects, including systems upgrade testing, internal and external audits, year-end processing, etc.
* Assists with Payroll process optimization and standardization, demonstrating subject matter expertise in daily operations. Identifying opportunities to improve or automate tasks or processes that will result in more accuracy or efficiency.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Other payroll related functions as determined by the Payroll Manager or Sr. Payroll Analyst.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Requires an AA Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires 3 years related experience in large volume, multi-state payroll processing.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Experience with HRIS systems, Workday preferred
* Experience with ADP Enterprise version 5 (EV5).
* Intermediate proficiency in Excel.
* Ability to navigate Microsoft Access database and queries
* Microsoft Office
* Local language required, additionally English preferred
* Strong mathematical skills
* Ability to prioritize a high volume workload efficiently, meet strict processing deadlines, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Solid understanding of wage and hour laws and payroll taxes.
* Ability to work independently and as a team player.
* Ability to work with diverse groups, in cross-functional teams, and international cultures
* Strong problem analysis, root-cause determination, problem resolution abilities.
* Extremely high attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
* Strong customer service orientation with track record of achieving results and exceeding customer expectations.
* Demonstrated willingness to initiate tasks, confront problems, propose solutions, continuously improve/change processes, and take ownership through resolution.
* Solid understanding of wage and hour law, payroll tax regulations, reversals and offsets, auditing and standard controls.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with a collaborative work style.
* Canadian payroll and Workday experience
* Proficiency with MS Access
* Basic understanding of accounting principles
* Payroll certification
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.