Payroll Specialist (Contract)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
**Please note - This is a temporary position until December 2016. **
* Update and validate Master Employee Records (Master file in PeopleSoft, Vendor Maintenance in Great Plains) with customer payroll documentation/information including Federal tax withholding forms (W-4 & W-9), social security, state tax withholding forms, residency declaration forms, direct deposits, in order to centralize all customer documentation for most efficient retrieval and processing.
* Set up ongoing additional earnings payments based on employment contract with healthcare provider such as subsidies, housing fringe, and allowances in accord with company compensatory and motivational strategies.
* Set up ongoing business deductions, such as rent and furniture co-pays in order to maximize AMN s business standing from an accounting perspective.
* Validate PeopleSoft and Great Plains data by comparing dollar payment values via queries and reports in order to prevent over-payments and underpayments and ensure healthcare professionals are paid accurately.
* Evaluate tax status and employment information and forms in order to determine correct tax rates and amounts (e.g. permanent tax home).
* Apply credit (deductions) and debit (e.g. reimbursements, bonuses, etc.) memos in Great Plains in order to pay accurately (Staff Care).
* Research and apply one-time payline and accurate payment
* Interface with state and federal agencies to meet legal requirements to apply and report on garnishments, new hire reporting, and inquiries.
* Post payroll to the general ledger, by reconciling all paid money with expected payments and report to CASH MANAGEMENT in order to cover deposits (StaffCare).
* Investigate situations where forms/documentation are incorrect or incomplete by contacting clinicians/physicians customer support representatives to gather additional information necessary.
* Generate manual payments in the form of checks, wires, set up a EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) using Great Plains ERP
* Conduct queries, reports, maintenance activities, inquiries on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to support the process.
* Maintain awareness of relevant changes in payroll, legislative and tax regulations by consistently attending relevant trainings and testing in order to implement changes
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* College Degree or equivalent experience (preferred)
* 2 years of prior payroll experience
* PeopleSoft experience