This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION* NEED 5 - 7 years of experience managing multi-state payroll
* Manage and guarantee the timely preparation of multi-state payroll returns including New York, CA, Maine, Florida and Colorado, etc.
* Set up new payroll for clients, including the timely completion of EIN application, NYS-100 (or other state's equivalent), EFTPS, and other tax payment systems
* Ensure the timely processing of weekly, bi-weekly and monthly tax deposits, utilizing EFTPS, Online Services, etc.
* Prepare payroll tax returns on a quarterly basis
* Must be able to spot errors on payroll tax returns, resolve discrepancies, and amend returns on behalf of clients
* Critically review and analyze payroll tax returns in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations
* Effectively answer payroll tax questions from clients, including international payroll
* Extensive research experience utilizing CCH, BNA and government law and tax portals
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation
* Maintains client confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
* Manage payroll tax controls including monthly, quarterly and year end reporting
* Secure worker's compensation and disabilities policies as required
* Oversee the day -to-day payroll responsibilities and tasks with minimal direction; ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, growth environment
* 1099 preparation at the end of the year. For calendar year 2015 there were 1, due by January 31.
* All tasks are performed for clients of the firm