This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Baking Solutions and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
The Payroll Specialist ensures accurate processing and recording of company s weekly and bi-weekly payroll. The Payroll Specialist administers timely and accurate financial information, participating in daily data-entry payroll processing, and providing excellent customer service to internal and external contacts. This position will impact a high-volume, rapidly growing multi-state organization, and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
* Perform daily Payroll Department operations
* Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
* Reconcile payroll prior to transmission, and validate confirmed reports
* Understand proper taxation of employer-paid benefits
* Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
* Execute eTime time and attendance processing, and interface with payroll
* Develop ad-hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
* Process manual check and relocation metrics
* Load import files received from HR and the Data Management Service Center
* Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Payroll Management Team
Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
* High School Diploma/GED; CPP preferred (minimum requirement of CPP during employment)
* 4-6 years experience processing multi-state, high-volume payroll
* Working knowledge of payroll best practices, with a strong knowledge of federal and state regulations, and a full understanding of sensitive and confidential information
* Strong PC skills, incl. advanced Excel ability and working knowledge of eTime, ADP
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function with a high degree of professionalism and integrity in an energetic, demanding team environment
* Strong interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills, at all levels
* Advanced decision making, problem solving, and analytical ability
Typical Work Schedule: 8:30AM - 5:00PM M - F
San Leandro, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.