This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of
uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst
Corporation has grown to become one of the largest
companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 -
Best Big Companies List. With over 11,000 employee Team
Partners and more than 220 facilities throughout the
United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never
just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us
apart from all other companies is that we still function
as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst,
you re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting
from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers
have come from within the Company. Opportunities are
endless for those individuals who possess a strong work
ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a
passion for delivering quality customer service, both
internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that
stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving
your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst
can take you.
Performs a wide range of administrative, analytical and
operations tasks to ensure timely execution of payroll
operations. Coordinates the weekly payroll processes
including creating paysheets, running payroll operations
jobs, and transmitting the weekly payrolls to ADP.
Responsible for coordinating and completing various
weekly payroll control processes. Provides guidance and
assistance to Payroll Administrators on payroll
operations and procedures.
1. Coordinates with the payroll staff on the RSR,
weekly and bi-weekly payroll operations process to
ensure the successful generation and distribution of
2. Runs various PeopleSoft processing jobs including
pay sheet creation, hours and earnings uploads from
Time and Attendance system, commission data from
AS400 system and other various sources.
3. Generate, distribute and review various quality
control reports to help detect and prevent errors.
4. Compares Time and Attendance entries to Payroll
Adjustment log and Paycheck Accuracy Queries.
5. Calculates paychecks, prepares reconciliation,
finalizes and confirms payroll. Runs benefit accrual
process to update employee vacation and sick
6. Generates, uploads, and monitors the ADP Print and
Tax files to ensure successful completion.
7. Ensure the successful distribution and payment of
pay checks, direct deposits, garnishment and taxes
8. Prepares reconciliations of print tax, and
garnishment files to ensure payroll register totals
match impound amounts.
1. Responsible for the accurate and timely processing
of RSR, weekly and biweekly payroll in a multi-state
2. Provides guidance to Office Administrators and
location management on Payroll Policies and
Procedures and regularly consults with Office
Administrators ensure accurate processing of Time
and Attendance, RSR and Weekly and Bi-Weekly
3. Maintain and process payroll information including
data entry of location approved payroll adjustments
to Time Entry, additional employee earnings request
and manual check request.
4. Reviews accuracy of new hires, terminations, leave
of absence and enter employee tax and garnishments
5. Works closely with ADP to research garnishment and
direct deposit transaction issues.
1. Provides guidance to location Office Administrators
on multi-state tax issues.
2. Reports complex employee tax issues to Payroll
Operations Supervisor to ensure accurate employee
tax withholding and quarter/ annual tax filing.
Compiles and prepares weekly payroll processing reports
to comply with SOX controls which include Payroll
Processing Schedule, Locations No Totals, Time Inquiry
Report, Paycheck Accuracy Queries, Reconciliation and
Fund Verification. These reports help to ensure the
accuracy of paychecks and the successful generation and
distribution of paychecks.
Payroll Systems and Programs
1. Participates in the testing of PeopleSoft System
updates including Bundles and Tax updates.
2. Assists the Payroll Manager in evaluating current
payroll policies and practices to identify potential
improvements and enhancements.
3. Participates in implementation of new payroll
programs and practices.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
401K with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Supplemental Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
Direct Payroll Deposit
30% Employee Discount
Employee Referral Program
* Two to four years of college education is required
in Business Administration/Finance/HR is required.
* Five years of strong payroll administration
experience preferable in a multi-state organization
* Must have a demonstrated knowledge of a wide range
of Payroll taxes issues.
* Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
* Must have a demonstrated ability to perform
* Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll Applications is
* Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action