Payroll Supervisor 8/23/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PAYROLL OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR- LEADING GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT/TECH FIRM
Reporting to the Sr. Regional Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for supervising 3-4 Payroll representatives, ensuring that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and implements those initiatives. Optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching, counseling and implements workable solutions to business issues/problems with minimum referral to management. Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize performance of team and works with Payroll Manager to define standards and reusable approaches for Payroll operations. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Interpret day-to-day business objectives and preparation/execution of operational practices/work programs.
* Supervise Payroll staff and fill in for the manager as needed and prepare work schedules to ensure appropriate coverage.
* Facilitate weekly (as required) team calls/meetings.
* Assist in monitoring workload and evaluate direct reports and may review the evaluations/development plans of others.
* Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
* Assist Payroll manager to create annual team objectives.
* Escalate potential service issues to Payroll manager.
* Directs work within clear budgetary guidelines.
* Defines standards and reusable approaches within the Payroll operational framework.
* Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
* Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes.
* Cover for team members in back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
* Approve and release manual off-cycle check payments.
* Implement quality control measures.
* May be accountable for ongoing management of effective client service relationship in one area of the business as the main point of contact for senior client representatives.
* Maintain monthly payroll metrics and provide reports to senior level management.
* BA in Business Administration, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* CPP Certification required or obtained within 2 years of employment
* Experience with leading payroll project/change management
* Thorough knowledge of payroll best practices and procedures including a payroll with a large company, employee database of 5,000 or more
* Minimum of 5+ years of payroll experience and at least 2+ years of management experience
* Experience with Ultipro payroll system or similar in-house HCM application preferred. Experience with, Oracle, SAP, or People Soft preferred
* Experience in budget development and management
* Experience in Salesforce or other case management tracking systems
* Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of HR cycles
* Payroll/HR experience preferably in an operations environment
* Ability to effectively supervise team members and work as a member of that team and organize and facilitate work activities for other members of the team.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills and issue management problem solving skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
* Strong time management skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives.
* Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
* Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
* Ability & interest in training other team members.
* Some knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
* Intermediate/Advance working knowledge of Outlook, Internet Explorer, Windows 10, Excel and Access.