Payroll Tax Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for payroll tax compliance for US based employers and legal entities. This candidate should possess a strong understanding of payroll tax and payroll tax filing rules for US payroll. This would require knowledge of U.S. tax laws and regulations.
CORE POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Familiar with state and federal payroll tax returns. (standalone, combined and unitary) to ensure proper reporting and compliance for client filings in addition to third party payroll tax filers such as ADP etc.
* Familiar with third party payroll reports including statements of deposits and filings, computation of tentative credit schedules and master control reports, W2 and W3 filings
* Demonstrate understanding of U.S. payroll taxes are properly recorded on Client's books and records.
* Perform research on various tax issues using online tax research services.
* Familiar with SUI and SIT state online access on accounts for employers.
* Stay current with payroll tax law changes that may impact Client and its employees and communicate changes to client regarding affected U.S. employee population.
* Understanding of effective tax rate based on U.S. tax law and regulations; implement approved programs.
* Identify, resolve and report all U.S. payroll tax refunds.
* Review all payroll tax agency notices and ensure proper compliance and resolution on federal, state and local jurisdictions.
* Familiar with the process for the registration for all new Federal and State Income, SIT, Local and SUI taxes and tax ID's.
* Familiar with State UI Transfer of experience filings and applicable rules for which a transfer can be filed.
* Familiar with next day deposit rules
* Familiar with the process for preparing succession paperwork when a company has merged or acquired another company.
* Familiar with requirements on daily, quarterly, annual payroll tax reporting
* Ensure compliance to federal and state tax regulations
* Analyze payroll data and verify accuracy of information
OTHER AREAS OF EXPERTISE A PLUS:
* Remain aware of Client business issues to determine the proper tax treatment including the Integrated Workplace Program related to remote workers and multi-state travel.
* Make recommendations regarding payroll tax credit program participation in an effort to reduce client's current tax liability.
* Understand the process to accurately withhold, report and record U.S. payroll taxes for US Citizens living and working in the US.
* Familiar with Headcount and home state reporting
* Familiar with common pay master and common pay agent status.
* Prior knowledge and experience working with third party payroll processors such as ADP is a plus
* High level of expertise with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
* Strong ability to work in a fast changing environment and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
* Strong attention to detail & high accuracy rate a must.
* Knowledge of Payroll practices is a plus.
* Strong customer service and interact in a professional manner with various functions and levels within the Organization
* Flexibility to assist in other tasks as assigned.
* Excellent time management and organization.
* Outstanding Punctuality CPA or CPP preferred;
* 5 +years of U.S. Payroll Tax experience with an emphasis in compliance and tax preferred
* Medical insurance
* Dental and Life insurance
* All insurance available after 60 days
* Simple IRA available after 60 days