Payroll & Tax Control Specialist - Payroll Specialist Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
King Of Prussia, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req Id 20861 - Posted 06/20/2016 - Human Resources - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US
The Payroll & Tax Control Specialist will execute internal SAP payroll processing for 2400 employees and almost $250 million in payroll processing in 2015. An additional 700 employees are expected to be added via acquisition integration as of January 2017. The Payroll Tax & Control Specialist will also be responsible for lead outsourced ADP tax reporting, ADP garnishments, ADP pay statements and other third party payroll sourced remittances. This position will lead biweekly/off-cycle payroll runs, payroll/timesheet entry, as well as provide site and employee support.
- Lead timely, accurate and compliant biweekly and off-cycle SAP payroll processing which includes G/L posting, banking files for direct deposit and checks and ADP statement files.
- Ensure corporate payroll Kronos timesheets are loaded and verified prior to finalizing payroll
- Coordinate site Kronos and other electronic time uploads
- Load any manual site time uploads and run and send time verification reports
- Enter, analyze and evaluate special payments and deductions
- Support site payroll processing needs and questions
- Lead timely, accurate and compliant outsourced ADP payroll tax reporting and processing
- Lead timely, accurate and compliant outsourced ADP garnishment reporting and processing
- Lead timely, accurate and compliant third party reporting and processing including union dues, United Way payments, etc.
- Day-to-day coordination with ADP on tax processing, reporting and inquiries
- Responsible for maintenance of tax authorities and state unemployment rates in BSI and SAP
- Maintain payroll tax calendars, processes and procedures
- Be prime contact for employee inquiries on electronic pay statement and other payroll matters
- Develop, run and distribute payroll reports as necessary utilizing available reporting tools
- Handle all verifications of employment requests via uConfirm.
- Handle all internal and external tax inquiries and correspondence
- Handle all unemployment agency inquiries and correspondence
- Serve as primary support and back up to Manager Payroll Control
- Assist in special projects as required including acquisitions and divestitures
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to respond timely and effectively to payroll, tax, and other inquiries from all levels of Company personnel. Need to be able to prioritize calls, requests and projects.
The Payroll & Tax Control Specialist position exists to verify and control one of the most highly visible and most significant controllable expenses the Company has payroll expenses and its related taxes and third party payments. This position must demonstrate an image of control and competence and be accountable and responsible for payroll processing results. This position provides a service to every employee paid and reimbursed by the Company by responding to questions and providing assistance.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in the Payroll field is required.
- Experience in a corporate, multi-state environment is required.
- SAP payroll processing experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with salaried, hourly and union payrolls preferred.
- ADP tax review and control experience is strongly preferred.
- Kronos or other electronic timekeeping experience is preferred.
- Tax reporting experience is strongly preferred.
- Payroll reporting experience is preferred.
- APA payroll certification is preferred.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with varied levels of employees along with strong customer orientation are required.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively in a hands-on environment is required.
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.