Payroll Tax Specialist- GER01860
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Responsible for the calculation and reporting of payroll tax liabilities:
* In response to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies.
* In researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
* In preparing special reports for field operations and management.
This position should have a thorough knowledge of payroll tax regulations, practices, and procedures in both the United States and Canada, plus a general knowledge of accounting and accounting principles. Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for accurate and timely payments of all federal, state, local and provincial withholding and unemployment taxes. Including CPP, EI and Workers' Compensation payments in Canada.
* Responsible for quarter-end and year-end reconciliation of all payroll tax liabilities.
* Analyzes pay records to determine correct taxation setup for employees. Maintains employee taxation setup in accordance with federal, state, local and provincial regulations. Experience with multi-state payroll tax a must.
* Responsible for assuring tax law changes are input timely and accurately into the payroll system. This includes but not limited to updating all state unemployment rates in the BSI system annually as needed. Will be responsible for ensuring all updates for unemployment rates are accurate and parallel in both the BSI and SAP system.
* Preparation of all Canada payroll tax returns, including Workers' Compensation and Employer Health Tax.
* Knowledge of hypo tax calculations, reporting worldwide income per IRS regulations for international assignees and conversion rates.
* Liaison between E&Y in the United States, Canada, and Brazil along with impatriate and expatriate employees.
* Direct point of contact between the North America Shared Service Group and Brazil Shared Service Group.
* Responsible for payroll tax compliance, including tax research and analysis to maintain compliance.
* This position will assist the Payroll Supervisor in the completion and distribution of Wage and Tax Year-End Statements (Form W2 and T4) to employees. This requires the calculation of worldwide income for international assignees, gross-up calculations, reporting third-party sick pay information, relocation expenses, and other related taxable income to employees outside the normal reported wages.
* Preparation for review of refund claims for taxing jurisdiction where the company has tax overpayment or expects refunds.
* Responsible for employees with company cars and the taxable income reporting associated with them. Calculate the annual auto income and ensure the income is included on the employee's W-2 or T4 annually.
* Compile and submit data for the Bureau of Labor Statistics in multiple states and other government reports including Multiple Worksite Reporting.
* Responsible for bank transfer to cover payroll tax liabilities. Will prepare documents as needed for Treasury and Accounting for all tax wire transactions.
* Knowledge of executive management payments such as long-term incentive, short-term incentive, restricted stock, stock appreciation rights, stock options, severance, etc. is required.
* Responsible for tax authority maintenance, which includes registration, address changes and closing tax accounts.
* Will assist with mergers and acquisitions to ensure all tax requirements are completed.
* Will assist with both internal and external payroll tax audits.
* Maintaining appropriate payroll tax records required by the Internal Revenue Service and Canada Revenue Agency.
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business field and 1-2 solid years of experience in payroll or 5-6 solid years of experience in payroll and/or accounting, including 1-2 years in payroll tax. FPC or CPP designation preferred.
* A minimum of 5-6 solid years of experience in payroll and/or accounting duties, including 1-2 years of payroll tax experience. A proven facility in data entry, customer service, and problem resolution is needed. Must have strong organizational and math skills.
* This position requires proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and especially Excel. Experience with SAP is a plus.
* Perform diversified accounting, payroll, tax, and record keeping duties involving knowledge of related procedures and policies. Use of judgment in the making of decisions within prescribed practices and procedures.
* Will require annual course study to ensure the company is current on all payroll tax law changes.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.