Payroll/Timekeeping Analyst - Medical Center Payroll (ANL 2)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Payroll/Timekeeping Analyst - Medical Center Payroll (ANL 2)
Professional Support Staff
Mission Center Building
40 ; 100%
Medical Cntr Payroll
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Huntington Business System (HBS) Processing Center main function is to provide comprehensive timekeeping and payroll services to over 20,000 Medical Center and UCSF campus employees in accordance with UC policies and applicable laws while maintaining monthly, biweekly and supplemental pay schedules. These employees will be paid on a bi-weekly or monthly pay cycle through the HBS Timekeeping System (HBS). A general description of the services includes: paying employees (checks, direct deposit), processing special check requirements, handling disability and workers compensation payments, handling UCSF, accruals, UC campus and business unit transfers and researching payroll issues. In addition, the HBSPC serves as the office of record for timekeeping and various payroll-related employee documents. Knowledge is required of the various computer systems that make-up the processing of payroll, including the On-Line Payroll and Personnel System (PPS), Huntington Business System (HBS), Microsoft Word, Excel and other PC tools. In addition, knowledge of all UCSF collective bargaining agreements is preferred.
This position reports directly to a HBSPC Supervisor and is primarily responsible for the payroll processing of approximately 3000 Medical Center and Campus employees. The analyst would review and analyze PPS information in order to validate the various HBS Administrative tasks, such as Appointment/Distribution, LOA, and Hire/Separation daily. This position would review and validate the accuracy of employee retro payments. Other duties include independently perform payroll activities such as separations, transfers, stipend adjustments, incentive awards, service credits, vacation/sick leave accrual adjustments, resolving discrepancy issues and process and analyze Time Maintenance Forms. The Analyst would enter, update and review data in HBS and PPS for accuracy and trouble-shoot errors on timesheets by analyzing the entry of submitted hours. This position would review, research, update and fix pay discrepancies/errors with management to resolve calculation or programming issues. The Analyst is expected to review and validate all funding changes and obtain appropriate level of approval if needed before accepting the change in HBS. This position would ensure and support compliance with personnel and payroll policies. The Analyst would analyze Worker s Comp payment registers from Sedgwick CMC every week to determine UCSF supplemental amounts and complete UC Disability statements. The Analyst may be required to train new HBS analysts.
This position requires frequent interaction with Medical Center Departments, Campus Departments, Deans Offices, Human Resources and outside agencies. In addition, this position serves as a primary contact for all HBS processing to the UCSF community.
* Experience in a large volume, multi payer computerized payroll environment
* Bachelor s degree and/or combination of relevant experience and education
* Excellent communication skills and knowledge of computer based payroll systems
* Excellent verbal and analytical abilities
* Knowledge of payroll and personnel practices, and handling payroll issues in a large business environment
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Experience working within a University and union setting
* Experience working within a hospital setting
* Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
Living Pride Standards
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or