Payroll and Benefits Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPAYROLL AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
Company is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join the Accounting team located at corporate office in Los Angeles, CA.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Process payroll data such as employee timecards and absences from Paychex, auto expense reimbursements, additional earnings, and other deductions to be withheld on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis.
* Enter all payroll transactions into Paychexpayroll system, and compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
* Enter and/or verify changes affecting employee's wages such as pay adjustments, tax exemptions, insurance coverage, 401(k) deductions, loan payments, garnishments, etc.
* Process all employee benefits for new hires, changes in coverage and terminations into the company's Group Insurance Plan such as medical, dental, vision, commuter benefit plan and 401(k).
* Process and review Time & Attendance data for payroll and reconcile/adjust variances.
* Prepare 401(k) contribution for hourly (bi-weekly) and salaried (semi-monthly) payroll timely.
* Prepare, reconcile and input payroll journal entries into Yardi according to payrollschedule to meet month-end deadlines.
* Process verification of employment (VOE), claim for unemployment insurance, disability and paid family leave and benefit audit.
* Prepare and process manual checks and keep accurate tracking for check reconciliation.
* Prepare and reconcile monthly vendor invoices and process in Yardi.
* Maintain all payroll records of paid leave, vacation, and othertaxable reimbursements.
* Generate periodic reports of earnings, vacation, taxes, 401(k), and other deductions using PaychexReport Writer and Microsoft Excel.
* Maintain current knowledge of company policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and internal audit requirement and current accounting standards.
* Enroll and set up employee's access to HR Online and Time assist employees in registering and provide support to employees with necessary credentials and guidelines.
* Coordinate with HR on new hires, promotions, terminations, wage verifications, and other relevant matters.
* Maintain confidential employee files in accordance with legal requirements and ensure employee files are complete, current and accurate.
* Perform other duties as required such as payroll bank reconciliation.
* AA or BS Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related preferred
* FPC or CPP desired
* At least 3 years' payrollexperience
* Paychex or ADP Workforce Now related experiencedesired
* Must have strong knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
* Must have the ability to think ahead with strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
* Must possess and demonstrate a high level of integrity
* Must have the ability to work, think and act strategically
* Must be proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Excel and have excellent communication and organizational skills
* Experience in benefits administration (enrollments, cancellations, life changing events, etc.)