Payroll and Compliance Specialist, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE THIS JOB
We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says we want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand s action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we can hands down, bar-none create that better than anyone else. That s not jargon or ego it s truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it s important you know we re serious about taking care of each other here. So think on that. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that, too.
Payroll and Compliance Specialist
The Payroll and Compliance Specialist provides full support and oversight to all aspects of the human resource information systems for all North American offices. The Payroll and Compliance Specialist is also responsible for all aspects of processing a semi-monthly payroll as well as implementing and improving HR systems in order to streamline processes and finding efficiencies.
/ HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Complete status changes and submit employee payroll changes to payroll on a timely basis.
* Assist in the routine processing of payroll, leave benefits administration and fringe benefits as assigned
* Implement, improve and maintain HRIS & Payroll Systems and other databases
* Ensure regulatory compliance and prepare AAP, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Multi-State Reporting and other statutory compliance as required
* Design and develop communication strategies relating to system integrations between company systems.
* Assist in the training of colleagues and employees on various HR processes and systems.
* Maintain HR and payroll data integrity in the systems by running queries, analyzing data, and creating and running various audits.
* Manage and validate semi-monthly payrolls for all US offices.
* Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly payroll reports
* Ensure all payroll accounting entries are completed accurately and timely
* Ensure all federal, state and local taxes, 401(k) and benefit contributions are all properly deducted from employees compensation as well as filed with the correct federal, state, and local institution
* Audit payroll for accuracy and reconcile
* Process employee status changes and maintain employee vacation and sick time.
* Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolve discrepancies
* Ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
* Adhere to company and legislated confidentially and privacy regulations
* Partner with Legal to address employee compliance in accordance with federal, state, local and provincial laws
* Process all anniversary awards, tuition assistance forms, referral awards and other benefit related awards
* Responsible for special projects to support the overall HR goals and initiatives as directed
/ HERE S WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
* Multi-state/Provincial payroll laws.
* Payroll / HR systems implementation.
* Taxation of employees on visa s working in the US.
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft
* Effective communication skills.
* Committed team player that is detail oriented and very organized.
* Ability to work independently (self-starter).
* Positive attitude and ability to multi-task successfully.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Ability to professionally interact with management and coworkers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities.
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States