Pediatric Speech Pathologist - Part Time - 8 hours per week Job 9/10/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care is currently recruiting for a Part Time Pediatric Speech Pathologist to work 8 hours per week.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest ( 1,000 beds) not-for-profit teaching institutions, serving all of Delaware and neighboring areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey- with over 54,000 admissions, 7,200 newborn deliveries, and 143,000 emergency department visits annually. Christiana Care is centrally located from major cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
General Areas of Practice:
* Speech and language evaluation and treatment of children birth through school age in the outpatient setting (Wilmington Hospital or Springside)
* Speech and language evaluation and treatment of children birth to three in the natural environment
* Multidisciplinary speech and language assessments through contract and Child Development Watch
Specialty Areas of Practice Preferred:
* Evaluation and treatment of feeding and swallowing difficulty with infants in the NICU, children birth to three in the natural environment, and children birth through school age in the outpatient setting
* Video swallow studies with NICU infants and outpatients birth through school age
To identify, assess, and provide treatment for individuals of all ages with communication disorders. To counsel individuals with disorders of communication, their families, caregivers and other service providers relative to the disability and its management. To provide consultation and make referrals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Screens, identifies, assesses, and interprets, diagnoses, rehabilitates, and prevents disorders of speech (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice) and language.
* Screens, identifies, assesses, interprets, diagnoses, and rehabilitates disorders of oral-pharyngeal function (dysphagia) and related disorders.
* Screens, identifies, assesses, interprets, diagnoses, and rehabilitates cognitive/communication disorders.
* Assesses, selects, and develops augmentative and alternative communication systems and provides training in their use.
* Provides aural rehabilitation and related counseling services to hearing impaired individuals and their families.
* Enhances speech/language proficiency and communication effectiveness (e.g. accent reduction).
* Screens hearing and other factors for the purpose of speech/language evaluation and/or the initial identification of individuals with other communication disorders.
* Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
* Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Masters degree in Speech and Language Pathology.
* Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
* Delaware license to practice speech pathology.
* Continuing education to meet licensure renewal requirements.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Rehab Services
JOB REQUISITION #: 39247BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pathology, Rehabilitation, Therapy, Geriatric, Healthcare, Part Time Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.