Peer Rehab Specialist - Community Rehab Program (32 hours per week)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist provides supportive services for clients who are experiencing troubles as a result of a disability (primarily mental illness). Services may include independent living skill building, community integration, job skill training, psycho-educational classes, rehabilitation planning, community activities, client and family education, coordination of services, client or self advocacy, referral to other service providers, and crisis support. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist will meet productivity standards and documentation requirements to assure the viability of the program success and client outcomes. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client care and services.
* High school degree or GED.
* Must be a primary mental health consumer (diagnosed as having a mental illness) and willing to share the personal experiences of recovery
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Work with people in a team setting.
* Demonstrate ability to respectfully motivate other consumers to act on their own behalf and to participate in activities
* Able to engage clients in one-on-one and in small groups
* Speak and read English
* Ability to move freely.
* Possess a Class E Driver s License
* Bachelor s Degree
9:00AM - 5:00PM