This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
Resources For Human Development, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription/Job Summary
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE LEHIGH VALLEY, APPROXIMATELY 60 MILES NORTH OF PHILADELPHIA, PA.
Hope Springs is currently looking for a Part Time (16 hour per week) Certified Peer Specialist for its Lehigh County program. Schedule is flexible and can be negotiated at time of hire. Candidate must have a current CPS certification.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITON
1. To engage consumers in a trusting and supportive relationship, providing emotional support within professional boundaries as needed.
2. To support the individualized recovery service plan developed with the consumer with the aim of achieving and maintaining physical and mental health as well as emotional well-being.
3. In order to assist the consumer in attainment of recovery goals it is essential that the CPS engage in the following activities: Incorporate self-help techniques and model autonomy and problem solving in Activities of Daily Living; Work with residential
counselors to understand consumer s individual strengths and needs to provide stimulating recovery focused activities; Model adaptive behaviors and share appropriate personal experiences to identify and demonstrate self-directed recovery. These disclosures
are made to help the consumer realize they too can overcome obstacles and make fulfilling improvements in their lives; Model appropriate use of community resources; Practice and encourage empowerment through appropriate self-advocacy efforts.
4. To provide transportation and support to consumers during therapeutic activities.
5. To complete required documentation for every consumer encounter before the end of each shift and to observe and report changes in consumer status.
6. To participate fully as a member of the team in staff and other meetings and to be available to assist other team members in special projects and/or other activities as requested by supervisor.
7. To promote one s own physical, mental, and emotional well-being in order for the Certified Peer Specialist to maintain the ability to function appropriately in the workplace and the ability to model healthy functioning to those we serve.
Competitive rate of pay provided.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic
information, veteran, or disability status.