PeopleSoft HCM Functional Subject Matter Expert
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client has a permanent position for a PeopleSoft HCM Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Norfolk, VA.
- PeopleSoft Functional Human Resources Subject Matter Expert with proven experience on the capability of PeopleSoft HCM application with emphasis on Human Resource, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Time & Labor, GL Interface and Recruiting to work with multiple teams of composed of technical and business analysts to support HCM 9.1 application. Provide functional support to end user community to support Hampton Roads Transit in on-going usage of PeopleSoft HCM application to its full capability.
- Individual must be well versed in functional aspects of PeopleSoft HCM HR, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Time to include working with functional users to communicate, test and build of training in support of changes to application based on applied bundles and/or patches.
- Work with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
- Assist functional users in performing configuration changes, testing, training and business process documentation as needed.
- Provide continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.
- Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Combined minimum of 7 years of operational experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM versions 8.9 through 9.1
- 6 + years proven ERP system implementation/upgrade experience
- 2+ full PeopleSoft HCM Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
- Worked as HR Functional Lead 2+ implementation and/or upgrade projects
- Exemplified advanced knowledge in understanding of business requirements, processes and implementation approaches for four or more of the following eopleSoft HCM modules: HR, Benefits Admin, Payroll, T&L, GL Interface or Recruiting
- Experience with configuring PeopleSoft ESS, MSS and Workflow
- Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Advanced knowledge of HR business practices, work flow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering
- Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting design, test planning, test scripts and etc.
- Accountable and strong rapport with technical counterpart and user community
- Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing
- Technical proficiency in developing user reports with PS/Query
- Technical proficiency with SQL and PS/Query for reviewing data, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications
- Excellent issue resolution (problem diagnosis), analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of best practices in quality customer service
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products [with particular emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software)]
- BA or BS or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Oracle User Productivity Kit
- Experience working with a Transit agency
- Public Sector experience
Training and/or Education:
- BA/ BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
Location: Norfolk, VA