PeopleSoft HCM - Project Manager 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for PEOPLESOFT HCM - PROJECT MANAGER for our client in ATHENS, GA
JOB TITLE: PEOPLESOFT HCM - PROJECT MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: ATHENS, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Provides direction and guidance to the project team according to the project plan. Monitors project team members work tasks. Provides timely and periodic performance feedback input to the Project leadership regarding project performance.
* Work with others in Technology to resolve issues and implement interfaces to third-party solutions.
* Coordinates all in partnership with Third Party Application Lead, school rollout for all schools within the University.
* Continually look for and recommend ways to drive down on-going support costs while maintaining or improving service levels.
* Independently interacts regularly with project stakeholders as well as vendors and associated consulting teams of varying associate/management levels to discuss ongoing system support and implementation issues. Acts as primary resource on multiple, complex projects concurrently.
* Estimates staff resource needs for analysts, developers, business users, and consultants. Works with Program Manager and System Office Leadership to assign resources to meet project objectives for the multiple, concurrent projects or one large project with multiple deliverables or components being managed.
* Prepares or reviews project documentation and deliverables and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with standards. Facilitates project status meetings with the project team on a regular basis and provides status to the Leadership Team.
* Develops or provides input to the project Risk Plan and Mitigation Strategy and manages project risks throughout the project.
* Manages project Issues and Change Control Requests to resolution. Ensure standards are being followed and proper controls are in place.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
* College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience required
* AT least 5 years' experience in the implementation of PeopleSoft HCM Systems and the associated integration with third-part applications
* Ability to work well with people with varying technical abilities
* Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
* Ability to manage medium to complex product development projects
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Effective planning and organizational skills
* Effective management and leadership skills
* Driven to provide a high level of customer service and to reduce ongoing costs
* Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the Systems Lifecycle Development methodology in the context of major systems implementations
* Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels
* Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills
* Mastery of testing concepts and skilled in managing system testing initiatives
* Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
* Experience with the principles of application systemengineering