PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst is a skilled professional, possessing a strong development and technical analysis background in enterprise-level applications. The PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst will possess a strong expertise in Application Development/Integration tools. Analyze, design, document, code and test software programs and applications. Provide guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced programmers.
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE YOU TO LEARN JDA.
* Design, write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
* Research, design, documentation and modification of software applications throughout the software development life cycle.
* Capable of working on extremely complex applications/projects and has established himself/herself as a functional expert in a particular business area and technical expert in a specific technology.
* Beyond programming and software development, the PeoplesSoft Programmer Analyst is also expected to perform detailed analysis and capable of documenting business requirements and system impact to ensure the successful delivery and support of various GAF applications.
* Understand GAF's applications and the interdependencies with other corporate and external systems.
* Comprehensive and extensive knowledge of business processes, issues and data challenges.
* Understand the business needs and requests, identifying solutions, gathering information, and translating business needs to functional/technical specifications that are understandable to business and IT personnel alike.
* Working with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance.
* Capable of architecting software solutions that meet the needs of the business.
* Conduct extensive unit testing of programs and software applications to ensure they will produce the desired information as per the technical and functional requirements. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced as per the technical and functional requirements.
* Conform to established GAF coding standards, follow standard GAF deployment and SDLC processes and review the work of other programmers to ensure quality standards are met.
* Determines programming requirements for systems, analyzes and improves performance of software programs, analyzes requirements for data exchange between applications and other GAF/3rd party systems, determines viable programming alternatives and assists in developing and implementing technical standards.
* Perform detailed technical analysis and capable of documenting functional/technical requirements and system impact to ensure the successful delivery and support of various GAF applications. Work with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance.
* Lead the design, architecture, and support of software applications and technologies. Perform intermediate-level application design, implementation, and maintenance with minimal direction.
* Guides or directs work of others who may perform similar or related work.
* Serves as mentor/developmental advisor and/or training resource to less experienced staff, providing an example with regard to quality of work.
* Works with manager to guide the overall technical direction and strategy of the IT department.
* Researches new technologies and best practices.
* Advises and recommends changes to existing IT policies, procedures and strategy.
* Proven ability to develop applications in multiple programming environments is required.
* Expert knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing.
* Expert knowledge of application development, testing and programming techniques/languages.
* Experience in PeopleSoft v8.8.
* Experience in Peopletools 8.4x.
* Experience in Application Engine, PeopleCode, Component Interface, Integration Broker, Workflow and XML BI Publisher.
* Experience in SQR, Crystal, nVision reporting.
* Financials and Supply Chain Management experience.
* Database Technology: MS SQL Server 2008 and 2012
* Proficient in writing SQL scripts, Stored Procedures
* Expert knowledge of software and solution architecture.
* Functional expert in a particular business area and recognized as a technical expert/leader in a specific technology.
* Advanced experience in business process design and re-engineering and workflow analysis.
* Advanced knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures.
* Advanced knowledge of emerging technologies.
* Expert knowledge of and execution of SDLC.
* Advanced knowledge of Information Security Awareness.
* Good knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools.
* Experience in JDA - Foundation ver 7.6, 8.0, 8.1
* Experience in JDA - SCPO ver 7.6 & above
* Experience in JDA - Demand & Collaborate ver 7.6 and above
* Experience in JDA - Collaborate ver 7.6
* Experience in JDA - Supply & Master Planning ver 7.6
* Experience in JDA - Sequencing ver 7.6 and above
* Database Technology - Oracle 11g
* Proficient in writing SQL scripts including PL/SQL
* Proficient in writing Windows command scripts
* Proficient in Java and .Net technology
* Experience in JDA - SCPO & Sequencing upgrade from ver 7.6 to 8.1
* Provides leadership to large, complex activities, knowing when to engage others and effectively communicating status and technical information.
* Minimal supervision and oversight required.
* Adherence to performance review and goal setting process.
* Proactively working with manager to identify training needs to expand and improve skills
* Provide on-the-job training/support to new/other team members.
* Proactively seeks guidance from other team members when needed.
* Strong ability to apply feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
* May check on completion/quality of work performed by other team members.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
* Good ability to provide coaching and mentoring to other team members on a regular basis.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or relevant experience.
* 12+ yrs of IT and business/industry work experience
* 10+ yrs exp. in programming in a client