Per Diem Living Tissue Recovery Technician 8/16/2016
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
PER DIEM LIVING TISSUE RECOVERY TECHNICIAN
Job Location US-NJ-Edison
We are currently reviewing resumes for a Per Diem Living Tissue Recovery Technician position that will be responsible for recovering tissue from the Central New Jersey area. If selected, the chosen candidate will be employed by Adecco, working on assignment for MTF on a Per Diem basis.
The Technician will practice aseptic technique according to established guidelines, including, but limited to packaging and shipping to our corporate facility. They will build and maintain professional relationships with contracted and non-contracted organizations to enhance donation and the recovery process within the service area.Additionally, they will effectively and efficiently utilize supplies to control expenditures related to recoveries.
1. Performs tissue recovery according to MTF or other processor s policy.
2. Assists in screening for donor suitability.
3. Packages tissue to be shipped to processing facility.
4. Coordinates shipment of tissue and/or blood to processing facility or laboratory
5. Builds and maintains positive, professional relationships with staff from MTF, Medical Providers and their offices, Hospitals, OPOs, etc.
6. Attends and participates in corporate, clinical and other designated meetings as determined.
7. Completes other duties as assigned, such as special projects.
Minimum job requirements
Education: High school diploma, GED
Experience:Experience or training in surgical technology/operating room procedures, allied health, medical, technical or mortuary field.
Specific licenses and/or Certifications: Not applicable
Specialized knowledge: Gross anatomy, PC literacy
Work environment: May be exposed to Blood-borne pathogens, irregular hours
Physical demands: Heavy work: lifting up to 100 pounds. Standing for extended periods of time, extensive driving/travel in vehicles
Education: Associates degree
Experience: Knowledge of OR environment, tissue banking experience
Specific licenses and/or Certifications: EMT, ST, CST, LPN, RN
Specialized knowledge, Skill and Abilities: Sterile technique, fine anatomy, OR environment, medical terminology.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Equal Employment Employer Vet/Disability
Software Powered by iCIMS