Per Diem Pediatric Registered Nurse - Pearl Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care and counseling in San Diego County. The Elizabeth Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 37-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as the respected hospice and palliative care leader in the region.
Primarily responsible for providing professional nursing care to assigned patients. With input from the IDT (interdisciplinary team), patient and family, assesses, develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care. Ensures appropriate communication and plan of care coordination to all internal/external customers. Responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, values and commitment to quality of The Elizabeth Hospice.
Work hours: Shifts vary.
Weekend commitment: As needed per patient care needs.
On-call frequency: As needed per team needs.
* Must have Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred.
* Must have one year of acute or hospice pediatric experience
* At least 12 months experience with 1-2 years preferred in acute care.
* Current CA RN license.
* Current CA driver s license with proof of insurance.
* Prefer certification as hospice nurse.
* Pediatric experience preferred.
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
* Computer skills (word processing), use of adding machine, calculator, fax, photocopier.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.