Performance Analysis And Optimization Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for a smart, innovative and motivated systems engineer with performance analysis background to join the Broadcom team in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada or in Irvine, CA, USA. The role we are seeking to fill is within the System Architecture group and a successful candidate will gain a complete systems view. This research and development position will include profiling the architecture, determining and quantifying bottlenecks and optimizing system level performance leveraging unique technology capabilities in Broadcom chipsets. The role is not limited to these primary functions and can grow with the candidates entrepreneurship, motivation and interest.
The position includes working in, but is not limited to, the following areas:
* Performance analysis and investigations of CPUs, bus interconnects and memory controller designs
* Networking stack
* SoC hardware offload engines
* Software development in C and Linux
* Router related functionality (e.g, packet routing, Ethernet, WiFi, NAS)
* SoC peripheral interfaces (e.g., PCIe, DDR, USB, flash)
It is preferable if candidate has experience in:
* Running and analyzing software running on pre-silicon (RTL or emulation) as well as physical hardware (bench) environments
* Debugging performance aspects of a system at hardware, sub-system, firmware/software, and system level
* Driver level design
* SoC architectures
* Developing software on multi-core ARM based SoC
* Hands-on experience with lab equipment
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.