This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/26/2017
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Autotrader, a division of Cox Automotive, is seeking a Performance Architect to join their team in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta, GA. If you are passionate about designing and solving complex Application and Systems Performance issues in Java based environments, then this could be the ideal position for you!
This role will be responsible for optimizing high-performing systems. Provides architecture and application design and development guidance that ensures scalability and minimizes performance issues. Mentor Performance Engineers. Lead RCA discussions and work actively to set up processes for reliable, available and high performance end user experience. Partner with the engineering team, monitoring and technical architects across Cox Automotive. This position requires an individual with a programming background, analytical abilities, large scale system design, communication and multitasking skills to work in a collaborative environment towards resolving complex problems.
* Work collaboratively with stakeholders to implement innovative, strategic and long term solutions with regards to performance engineering best practices.
* Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
* Consult with project teams and business owners to proactively analyze system performance and obtain information on limitations / capabilities, performance requirements, hardware & software interfaces to develop specifications and resolve technical issues related to performance.
* Responsible for capacity estimation/planning, modeling, monitoring, analyzing and recommending solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
* Monitor resource usage for physical servers, application servers & data stores to drive optimization changes in production environment.
* Plan and manage deliverables for: performance diagnostics, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning, and performance monitoring.
* Conduct system performance and stress testing, analyze test results and suggest action plans.
* Distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, diagnoses performance problems and clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
* Drive performance engineering as an integral step during the software development life cycle.
* Must be able to perform all the duties with no or little supervision.
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge of Automation tools like J meter, Selenium, Loadrunner etc.
* Experience with diagnostic tools such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic etc.
* Proficient in taking thread and heap dumps and doing analysis to find root cause.
* Expertise in one or more profiler tools such as Visual VM, J Profiler, YourKit, Xrebel etc.
* Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
* In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks)
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree or equivalent work experience.
4+ years of software development experience (Java, C++, C#, etc)
4+ years of software performance or systems engineering experience in a large-scale environment
4+ years experience supporting web-based applications built on UNIX/LINUX systems
3+ years experience optimizing website performance with strong knowledge in Networks, Browsers, Content Delivery, etc
Significant experience automating tasks via scripting languages such as Python, Perl or similar.
Expert ability to identify system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues
Experience with Web Page Test, Grafana , Splunk or other monitoring tools
Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, OSI layers, load balancing, web application security, and experience supporting multi- tier web application architectures
ABOUT COX AUTOMOTIVE
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader , Dealer.com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , vAuto , Xtime and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing