Performance Consultant - Professional Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Title: Performance Consultant Network & Application Performance Management
Location: US - East Coast Preferred (Remote/Home Office)
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
As a Performance Consultant working with Riverbed s SteelCentral product suite you will solve clients enterprise-wide network, application, and server capacity and performance issues. This position combines engineering disciplines with a business focus for delivering IT performance management solutions. You will utilize Riverbed s technologies to plan, design, deploy, operate, manage and optimize IT infrastructures.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
* Serve as an expert on application performance utilizing Riverbed products including SteelCentral AppInternals, AppResponse, and Transaction Analyzer to monitor and analyze enterprise-wide application performance end-to-end, including network and transport systems, Web Servers (e.g. Apache, IIS), Database Servers (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), Application Servers (e.g. Websphere, Weblogic) and Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX)
* Troubleshoot performance issues for UNIX and Windows based platforms
* Perform network capacity planning and performance analyses
* Collect network performance information required for simulation modeling studies
* Analyze and understand client s IT requirements, organization functions, and decision making processes
* Produce a solution that fulfills client s needs within budget and schedule constraints
* Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
* Work on-site and remotely with customers both individually and in teams
Here is what you should bring to the table:
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
* Willingness to travel extensively, interact and work directly with customers
* Significant experience monitoring, analyzing and tuning application and system performance
* Firm understanding of the internal workings of J2EE and / or .NET
* Strong knowledge of web application architecture and software including Web Servers (Apache, IIS), J2EE Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic), Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2) and Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows). While you re not expected to be a subject matter expert in all of these, high level knowledge of the functionality of each component and how they inter-relate and operate is crucial. Basic administrative skills for these technologies is a plus
* Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
* Experience with protocol analyzers and knowledge of router and switch configuration is a plus
* Knowledge or experience with C/C++ and Python are a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.