Performance Engineer 9/3/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of the Performance Engineer is to perform analysis on several applications under test in order to have a more accurate understanding of the performance test plan needed and also perform testing activities for the same. It is expected that the engineer has good understanding in analyzing performance test results and is also comfortable with cross platform monitoring (both Windows and Linux). The engineer should be able to troubleshoot/pin-point performance bottlenecks. Ideally, the individual will have experience working in a software development lifecycle that supports a rapid deployment or continuous delivery model.
* Creates performance test plans and defines approaches for end-to-end performance.
* Authors and executes performance tests for several simultaneous application release efforts (being delivered by multiple teams).
* Responsible for constructing and executing performance test plans authored in HP Loadrunner.
* Collaborates with development teams to understand and effectively test the system under test.
* Performs code inspections and solution reviews to pinpoint the source of performance problems and suggested corrections to be made.
* Guides the performance monitoring strategy for deployed applications in the live environment(s).
* Inspects performance results and data to make determinations on corrective actions to be taken within our products.
* Troubleshoots performance bottlenecks and pinpoint areas to resolve the issues.
* Maintains the readiness of performance testing environments.
* Participates in service and performance reviews.
* Provide recommendations on improving scalability and performance of services/applications.
* Collaborate with feature development teams (and/or 3rd parties) to resolve anomalies.
* Automate the execution, result capture and pass/fail determination of performance tests.
* Problem Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
* Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
* Analytical Skills: Able to draw insightful conclusions from complex data. Exhibits probing mind.
* Technically Savvy: Highly knowledgeable on current and proven search intelligence related technologies and proactively seeks to gain knowledge and understanding of evolving technologies that could have positive impact on current systems, software and tools.
* Results Driven: Focuses on desired results. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
* Practitioner: Expertly applies skills and knowledge to daily tasks in order to achieve desired outcomes.
* Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
* Business Analysis: Ability to strategically identify areas for improvement that will yield the highest business value. Focus on delivering incremental value to production.
* Hands-on development: Implement solutions and enhancements quickly and efficiently following EBSCO software development lifecycle processes and practices
* Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
* Strategic thinking/visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
* Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being abrasive.
* Follow through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* 3+ years progressive experience in all aspects of performance testing and engineering.
* 2+ years with SQL queries, statement, commands and store procedures.
* 3+ years of experience in performance, load testing and testing tools (LoadRunner, Load UI and JMeter) and profiling tools (DynaTrace).
* 2+ Years of defect tracking and automation tools.
* 2+ years of experience with the web services testing.
* Understanding of Operating Systems (Windows and Linux).
* Understanding of performance counters and how they are used.
* Understanding of Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Gomez, and BMC Trusight (any one of them should be fine).
* Experience with highly used, highly scalable web applications.
* Strong team building skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong technical and personal leadership skills.
* Be innovative.
* Possess a positive attitude.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top