Performance Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
LENGTH: 12+ MONTHS (WILL BE EXTENDED BASED ON PERFORMANCE)
INTERVIEW PROCESS: PHONE + F2F (NO SKYPE)
LOCALS TO VA/MD/DC ONLY FACE TO FACE REQUIRED
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Performance Engineer manages and executes performance testing in a multi-tiered environment, including analysis and recommendations of the performance test results.
The position's essential duties include the following:
* Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by software systems/products
* Documents business processes, contributes to training programs and materials.
* Certifies each release by performing impact analysis on staging environments.
* Performs impact analysis of any infrastructure changes including OS upgrades, maintenance releases, and hardware upgrades.
* Performs fail-over and recovery scenarios and documents the performance metrics.
* Creates test plans, test scenarios and executes using performance tools.
* Analyzes results for load, stress, volume and endurance testing.
* Recommends technical approach based on performance test results and collects data to build benchmarks to provide optimal performance levels.
* Leads test case reviews, design reviews, and change control activities
* Creates and contributes to test plans, test requirements, test scenarios, and test data for use during performance testing phase of the software development lifecycle, for new and existing software systems/products.
* Ensures that performance test plans and scenarios fully exercise every aspect of the product.
* Produces and presents formal test plans; leads the performance testing effort for assigned projects.
* Documents and reports issues discovered during performance testing, and follows up for resolution.
* Defines standards, methods, and procedures for performance testing activities.
* Works as part of Scrum Development Team, effectively participates in sprint planning, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
* Other tasks as assigned by USAC management.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
* Hands-on software testing tools like LoadUI, JMeter, SoapUI. 3-4years
* Demonstrated experience with increasingly complex projects. 5-8years
* Hands-on QA testing experience in client server and/or web-based environment. 5-8years
* Experience developing manual and automated test scripts. 5-8years
* Experience with 3rd party testing and change management tools. 5-8years
* Experience with test case gathering techniques. 5-8years
* Experience with automated and test management tools. 8+ years
* RDBMSexperience (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle), ability to write SQL queries. 5-8years
* Experience developing test strategies and plans. 8 + years
NOTE: IN ADDITION, PLEASE LIST ANY DESIRED EXPERIENCE.
* Experience with Project Management Software.
* Experience with Scrum and/or otherAgile Development frameworks.
* Experience with Software Development.
* Self-directed and able to work well in a small team environment.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent diagnostic capabilities.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to develop new or more effective ideas, approaches, etc.
* Ability to develop and execute short-range plans/decisions.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment across a broad range of circumstances.