Performance Improvement Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Medical and Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONManages and leads multiple Service Area-wide Performance Improvement, Outcomes Management and Resource Consumption projects. Provides direction for all phases of Regional improvement Projects including design, prioritization, staffing, development, implementation, analysis and reporting. Directs Utilization Management resources involved in Performance Improvement projects ensuring appropriate communication and timely completion. Provides analytical oversight for all projects.
* Responsible for directing multiple/complex projects from intake to completion including intake, prioritization, creation of timelines, staffing, communication, study methodology, analysis and report generation. Leads and manages multiple, large scope (Service Area-wide) and complex projects that may include Care Paths, disease management systems and improved patient care/management systems. Develops and monitors work plans and project progress.
* Provides consultation to the leadership team on techniques, processes and methodologies to analyze and improve performance issues related to systems and processes. Designs and implements systems that assess performance on those measures. Reports back on improvement opportunities. Designs interventions that improve performance. Works with Service Areas to implement improvement initiatives. Ensures that performance measures used are accepted, meaningful and effectively support management decisions.
* Provides Resource Management with a performance assessment system that clarifies business strengths, weaknesses and opportunities and that supports the setting of organizational goals and objectives into specific performance measures, indices and targets. Directs other Resource Management resources involved in performance projects. Ensures appropriate communication and timely completion of all projects. In collaboration with the Leader manages Medical Center Site Visits.
* Supports local operations by acting as an expert authority/resource/consultant in the development of performance improvement initiatives. In collaboration with Sr. Healthcare Consultant, manages the design, deliver and evaluation of Service Area-wide educational programs/activities/services related to performance improvement techniques, systems and processes.
* Directs the extracting of information from major systems and data bases as necessary using techniques to validate, clean, complete and project values to address analytical questions when data systems are problematic.
* Client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Minimum five (5) years of applying quantitative and qualitative analyses to operational improvements in a business setting.
* Master's degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
* Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
* Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through and influence collaboration.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
* Demonstrated proficiency with databases and statistical software.
* Ability to work effectively across and among organizations, departments and teams.
* Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
* Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
* Must demonstrate an understanding of the operations of Client, health policy trends and any applicable regulations related to the responsible technical area.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve conflict and provide clear direction.
* Highly accomplished verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
*Certification or experience with LeanSix Sigma process improvement methodology is a plus.
*Experience in consulting for the healthcare industry in a Clinical Laboratory setting would be beneficial.
*The ideal candidate will have an IndustrialEngineeringdegree or business/analytical background, understand supply/demand, possess the ability to identify bottlenecks and propose solutions, and have experience in developing staffing and other operational models.