Performance Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced software or systems engineer interested in ensuring the stability, reliability, and performance of our SaaS platform. Performance Test Engineers are part of our engineering group and will work collaboratively with softwareengineers, systems engineers and QA engineers. Performance Test Engineers will run robust tests and use a mixture of monitoring tools to identify and mitigate possible reliability and performance affecting issues in a predictive fashion. As a member of the Reliability QA team, you must have the desire and proven ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems, and work effectively while leading a wide variety of internal technical teams and vendors, as well as internal non-technical teams. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, as you will be collaborating with others in order to diagnose, resolve and communicate issues as efficiently as possible. A key function of this role will be to look for and identify ways to design for failure by way of analyzing system performance, performing scaling and failure case testing, and providing that feedback to upstream teams. You must be self-driven, collaborative, and be able to analyze problems in new and different ways in order to find solutions.
* Analyze the current state of the application and infrastructure, design, develop and execute automated performance tests to validate solutions and environments.
* Perform load, stress, failover, failure mode testing activities to analyze areas of improvement.
* Maintain performance analysis tools, identify any negative changes to performance and work with the teams to resolve them.
* Identify solutions for testing performance issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
* Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to assist in resolution of software defects.
* Work with Development teams to build performance tests in the coding phase itself.
* Take initiative to advance the performance, and scalability of our applications.
* Work with remote teams in an Agile environment.
* 5+ years of experience working as a Performance Systems Engineer for SaaS and other highly scalable systems.
* SoftwareEngineering degree or equivalent.
* Hands on experience with load testing tools, preferably JMeter. Experience with performance and resource monitoring tools.
* Ability to work in a fast paced Agile development environment.