Perfusionist - Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY St. Mary's Medical Center is seeking a Perfusionist to join our experienced Surgery team.
Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus available $$
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
FAST FACTS ABOUT ST. MARY\'S AND GRAND JUNCTION
* Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
* Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
* 300 days of sunshine
* Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
* Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
* Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
* A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
* The heart of Colorado's wine country
* Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
* Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
* 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
* 346 beds (310 are staffed)
SERVICES & EXPERTISE
* Cardiac & Vascular Services
* Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
* Emergency Services
* Family Medicine Residency
* Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
* Neonatal Intensive Care
* Orthopedics & Spine Center
* Primary Stroke Center
* Regional Blood Center
* Regional Cancer Center
* Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
* Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
Demonstrate knowledge of the variety of equipment available to perform extracorporeal circulation functions and demonstrates responsibility, in consultation with the physician, for selecting the appropriate equipment and techniques to be used.
Demonstrate proficiency in the administration of medications, blood components and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit as well as accurate documentation of described medications, procedures or interventions.
Demonstrate and utilize blood conservation techniques as well as Heparin management (ACT/Heparin level/HDR), ultrafiltration/hemofiltration, blood salvage, POCT for blood gas, and blood chemistry/coagulation monitoring.
Utilize computer system as needed for information, communication and to complete report writing. Maintains records in compliance with HIPAA, CLIA, hospital and regulatory requirements.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide selected blood conservation techniques, including platelet gel and blood salvage under the direction of non-cardiac surgeons. These procedures include but are not limited to intraoperative blood salvage and processing for neurosurgical, vascular and trauma patients
Assist in the management of patients with intra-aortic balloon pumps.
Serve as the department interface, promoting positive relationships, between the perfusion service and the surgeons and hospital staff, especially those in the perioperative and cardiac services.
Assists in implementing standards, programs, policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of perfusion services including compliance with regulatory, accreditation and specialty society requirements and standards.
Assists in orientation, training and continued education and development to ensure competency, quality care and services. Demonstrate self-directed learning and participate in continuing education to endure professional growth.
Promote the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care/services according to standards of excellence and practice.
Maintains appointment to medical staff as an allied health professional.
Baccalaureate of Sciences in Perfusion or related Allied Health field
More than five plus years related experience