This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Thomson and Reuters
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
The role of the Sr. SoftwareEngineer is to work with Technical Lead and is responsible for designing, executing, assessing, and troubleshooting software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle of our large heterogeneous data backend applications that include several data sources, a number of servers, developed and run by distributed international team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes.
* Provide directions for refactoring, code review and training.
* Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
* Run and monitor performance and quality tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
* Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals, training materials and documentation.
* Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
* Lead in the preparation and documentation of softwarerequirements and specifications.
* Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining software.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will improve performance and/or functionality.
* Confer with end-users, clients, and/or senior management to define business requirements for application development.
* Model business and application processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* 8+ years' of technical experience with emphasis in PERL, mod perl, Object oriented PERL, PERL regex UNIX shell scripting
* 5+ years of experience in CSS and Java script scripting.
* 3+ years of experience in developing against Apache Web server,
* 3+ years transact SQL/stored procedure development experience.
* Strong in Linux, Linux/BSD command line skills, understanding of Linux environment/Kernel calls
* Good in core Java and J2EE skills
* Good in XML, XSLT, XPATH
* Hands-on experience with full SDLC.
* Source Code Management systems such as SVN or CVS
* Ability to understand quickly the entire system and all of its interactions, and able to tackle macro problems and dive into the different parts of the system effectively as necessary on short notice
* Effective technical communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently with minimal supervision and also should have the ability to mentor 2+ team members
* Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must be a Team player, with strong reasoning skills, who is able to effectively influence others, and who possesses excellent collaboration skills.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.