- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Personal Account Specialist I
Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career* At CBIZ, we are looking for Star Performers who are ready and energized to help us reach our goals in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. There are no limits to your success!
CBIZ Employee Services provides a full suite of services to organizations seeking quality and cost-efficiency in their operations. Our areas of focus include employee benefits, retirement, payroll, FSA/COBRA administration, HRIS/benefit enrollment, property and casualty insurance, risk management, life insurance, executive search, compensation and HR consulting.
We have been a Top 10 U.S. Benefits Specialist since 2002, as ranked by Business Insurance magazine. Approximately 1,000 CBIZ Employee Services professionals in nearly 40 offices throughout the United States serve an array of industries, combining local expertise and presence with the strength and support of a national company.
The Personal Account Specialist assists internal and external clients with needs, requests and problems in a timely manner and ensures department goals are met through teamwork and collaboration.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
* Advises, consults and recommends needed changes to existing policies depending on varying client situations and jurisdictions to assure a professional, comprehensive and competitively priced program
* Prepares policy changes on-line as needed with several carriers, and notes agency management system according to department guidelines
* Answers 60 to 90 inbound service center calls daily in a prompt, efficient and professional manner, and documents the nature of each discussion while scheduling any follow-up tasks
* Prepares binders, applications, FR19s, and comparison ratings using knowledge of several individual carrier rating systems and agency comparative rating system as needed
* Quotes and sells new policies in several jurisdictions with required research of state requirements
* Keeps informed on new products and changes in current products through scheduled training
* Keeps current on state regulatory and underwriting issues in the eight jurisdictions or core states (MD,PA,WV,VA,DC,OH,MO,IN)
* Maintains assigned manual and website carrier information on shared reference pages in the computer system for use and benefit of all staff members
* Maintains diary system with less than 10 diary goals daily
* Processes all mail in an accurate and timely manner adhering to department standards and communicates with carrier underwriters accordingly
* Assists in the training of new staff members initially and continues to assist newer staff in the daily functions of the job
* Performs other duties as reasonably assigned
* High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor s degree preferred
* 1 year of relevant work experience
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
* Must obtain and preserve required licenses/certifications
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf