Personal Banker - North Speer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPersonal Banker - North Speer
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Personal Banker report to the Branch Manager. Responsible for acquiring new consumer and small business clients and to expand relationships with existing clients. Serves as a proactive member of the Retail branch team by being an initial sales and service contact for new and existing clients. Effectively manages existing clients/book of business to support the retention and growth of profitable client relationships through sales of deposit, loan and investment products (with appropriate licensing). Develops a comprehensive understanding of client needs by using the Client Experience (CE) Desktop technology to analyze client financial and personal data to cross sell products and services. Recommends products and services to help the client achieve financial goals and the team to achieve business goals. Identifies and resolves complex client service issues. Recognizes complex product and financial services opportunities and refers to appropriate sales professionals in Retail, Investment Services, Mortgage, Business Banking, and Private Banking. Meets or exceeds established sales, cross-sell and referral goals. Serves as a backup to the Branch Manager when the Branch Manager is unavailable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As financial navigators for life, the Personal Banker delivers solutions to make it easier for clients to achieve their financial goals. The Personal Banker also provides sales and service support to the Retail branch team.
* Provides banking sales solutions for deposit, loan and investment products (with appropriate licensing)
* Supports acquisition of new clients and growth of current book of business by contacting and following up on system generated leads identified through the Desktop; documents activities by using the call report feature in the Desktop
* Supports the branch in growing a profitable book of business to achieve individual and team goals
* Provides sales and service assistance to all clients
* Develops and maintains broad knowledge of products and services to appropriately support client needs
* Consistently executes the Key Sales process (Opportunity management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment and Follow Up) and seeks opportunities to deliver distinctive customer service on each client interaction
* Ensures compliance with operational, security and audit procedures and policies
* Participates in and occasionally facilitates daily branch team meetings
* Participates in special projects, sales campaigns and assignments as requested
* Assists with coaching and training tellers and other branch professionals
* Accurately process all financial service transactions
* Identifies and resolves complex client service opportunities
* Completes and maintenances electronic client profiles using KeyBank s technology such as the Client Experience (CE) Desktop
* Maintains and calls on a client book of business
* As needed, in limited circumstances, will be asked to provide backup on the Teller platform assisting new and existing clients of the bank with account transactions, maintaining responsibility for a cash drawer and following proper balancing procedures.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience
* 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources
* Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking
* Ability to interact with business partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking Sales Professionals
* Ability to develop a base of Centers of Influence (COIs)
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
* Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.)
* Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
* Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act).
* Undergraduate degree in business related field
* Sales experience in banking, financial, or insurance industry
* Possesses a general understanding of operations (risk, compliance, fraud, loss)
* Cash handling experience
* Working knowledge of Branch Teller Workstation
Strategic: Understands the value proposition of the business and how it contributes to Key s business strategy; applies a risk management mindset and knowledge about the global financial services industry
Energy/Drive: Action oriented; drives for results; pursues work with energy and focus; drives for completion; client relationship focused; acts with honor and character
Personal/Interpersonal: Open, receptive, accountable, and approachable; keeps promises, honors, commitments, and demonstrates open, honest communication; exhibits positive behavior
People Management: Understands the value of excellent client service and demonstrates a commitment to client satisfaction for internal and external clients while balancing organizational profitability; actively listens to internal/external client feedback and delivers appropriate solutions; embraces an inclusive team and diverse perspectives to reach best outcomes; escalates issues to manager when appropriate; apply judgment within established guidelines to resolve client issues and needs
Results: Dedicated to finding solutions, resolving problems, and fulfilling client needs; takes personal responsibility to see that every client is satisfied; proactively shares knowledge to help others develop and to improve the performance of the team; consistently exceeds and/or meets goals; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Technical and Functional: Exhibits the technical and functional skills to perform the job
In addition to the competencies specific to the Personal Banker role, all Key employees are expected to exhibit Key s Leadership Behaviors (Accountability, Managerial Courage, Drive for Results, Lead Change, Client Focus, Effective Collaboration Develop Self, Staff and Others, Business Acumen, Manage Vision and Purpose) as outlined in Key s HR Online system.
About the Business
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
Key traces its history back more than 160 years and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. One of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, Key has assets of approximately $95.1 billion.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program