This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Personal Trainer interprets and evaluates the need, and plans, implements, and leads integrated individualized and small group exercise programs for clients at all levels, with a broad range of fitness, and rehabilitation techniques. The Personal Trainer supports and motivates their clients to exercise, and encourages them to live a healthier lifestyle
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Evaluates client health history questionnaires to determine appropriate individual exercise program.
* Interprets physiological assessment data and/or post-rehabilitation recommendations of referring medical providers/therapists to determine the nature and extent of specific client requirements.
* Plans and implements individualized exercise programs, and/or post-rehabilitative exercise programs in response to assessed individual needs (fitness goals) and assessed capability.
* Performs follow-up communication with clients, as required.
* Tracks client progress and maintains complete and accurate client files.
* Ensures member adherence to safety and injury prevention policies and procedures, prepares accident reports as required.
* Plans client appointments on off duty time from floor shifts.
* Ensure client is fully paid before session package begins.
* Be informed of the latest trends in health, nutrition, fitness, and exercise.
* Enforces club policies and procedures, as appropriate.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Manager.
* Keeps certification current if applicable, and provides a copy at annual review.
* Maintains predetermined client base, (# to be determined at annual review), which will be assessed quarterly.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must be professional and outgoing.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to motivate and work with a diverse group of people.
* Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
* Knowledge of strength and cardiovascular training and provide education method on how to present techniques.
* Knowledge of exercise physiology.
* Skill in developing comprehensive fitness and exercise programs.
* Skill in Fitness Assessments including blood pressure and heart rate.
* Work is performed in a fast paced health club environment.
* The Personal Trainer is responsible for their clients safety while in their training session.
* The Personal Trainer is responsible for their clients payment in full, and on time.
* Accredited Personal Training or Corrective Exercise certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
* Must have a minimum of one year experience.
* Must be customer service oriented.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.